Who we are
Our website address is: https://offthecouchevents.com.
Off The Couch is a subsidiary of J Cube Inc. operating as www.offthecouchevents.com. Our company is a promoter of race events belonging to Fun-Races and those of third parties. As such our primary audience are citizens of the United States, though non-citizens can also register for our events should their travel plans bring them to our area in time to participate.
Our Commitment to You
The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Collecting Personal Information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register or contact us with our website;
- information that you enter when you create an inquiry on our website—for example, your name, gender, mailing address, phone, age;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- sending you goods purchased through our website;
- supplying services purchased or requested through our website;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service);
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Use of your image in marketing
- In the course of your registration and participation in events sponsored by Fun-Races, you agreed to release any and all rights to any and all photographs that include your image.
- A photograph containing your image could be used in marketing our events. Your image might appear in any or all of the following: Facebook, third-party websites, email marketing campaigns sponsored by Fun-Races, third-party marketing campaigns on behalf of Fun-Races.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- the payment of a fee, $25.00; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (your driver’s license plus a utility bill with your name and matching address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring your rights are respected and to review and oversee how we collect and use your personal information. They can be reached by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
In the USA:
Off The Couch
A J-Cube Inc. Company
PO Box 17938
Indianapolis, IN 46217
END OF DOCUMENT